PE and Sport Premium
SCHOOL GAMES 'GOLD' AWARD
Sport is a very important part of school life at Woolhampton and we take great pride in encouraging all our children to take part in sporting events. We have a dedicated Sports Coordinator - Mrs Javes - who arranges a wide range of sporting events and competitions throughout the year. We are delighted to announce that we have recently been awarded the School Games Gold Award which recognises our commitment to sports and healthy competition across the school and into the community.
Below are details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school headteachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. Funding for schools will be calculated by reference to the number of primary-aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11), as recorded in the annual schools census in January.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Schools are held accountable for the decisions they make through:
- including details of their provision of PE and sport on their website.
- Ofsted assessing how primary schools spend their PE and sport premium. You can find details of what inspectors look for in the ‘Ofsted schools inspection handbook 2015’.
Swimming Data for Year 6 (2018/19)
85% of Year 6 children can:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations